PROFILE of INDIAN EDUCATION
- 23 districts and 6 charter schools identified as Native-serving institutions
- ~34,4000 American Indian students in public schools
- ~5,000 American Indian students in Bureau of Indian Education (BIE)-operated and tribally controlled schools
- ~3 percent of state-wide district staff identified as American Indina
- 7 Native languages taught in public schools: Jicarilla Apache, Keres, Naavjo (Diné), Tewa, Towa and Zuni
- ~6,292 students participated in school-based Native language classes.